PPN North West provides regular updates and information about events of relevance to our membership. We will also keep you updated and communicate through Twitter, our blog and our regular newsletter.
If you have an event you would like to be publicised through the network we will be very happy to hear from you, please contact us.
Please log in to view members only events.
Webinar: Deploying Psychology graduates to primary care and community settings to provide a mental health prevention and promotion service: Results of a feasibility study
Health Education England North West (HEENW) and Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust (lscft) are pleased to invite you to a webinar describing the outcomes of 18 month feasibility study for psychology graduates working in general practice settings, delivering mental health prevention and promotion work on Thursday 22nd July 11:30- 12:30.
The session will be chaired by Dr Gita Bhutani (Director of Psychological Professions, lscft). The session will be delivered by Dr Miranda Budd (Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Project Lead.)
The session will include:
- An outline summary of the HEE project and key outputs.
- The development of the service delivery model and what prevention and promotion work was delivered.
- The training, supervision and support the graduates required to meet the demands of the role.
- Analysis of the clinical data. Has the prevention and promotion work been effective?
- Working with community groups; what worked and what the challenges were.
- Reflections and feedback from the workforce and key stakeholders, including service-users, community groups and general practice staff.
- The next steps, how psychology graduates are continuing to work in this way in general practice and community settings.
- Opportunity to ask questions
The session is aimed at colleagues in primary care, general practice and community settings, psychological practitioners, mental health workforce planning leads and all those with an interest mental health prevention and promotion work and psychological workforce issues.
Please make sure to inform us of any access needs you may have prior to the webinar.The webinar is being held over MS Teams which you will need to install. Please use the link below to access the webinar on the day:
|Date and Time||MS Teams weblink|
|22nd July 2021, 11:30am - 12:30pm||
Or call in (audio only)
+44 20 3855 5203,,671076746# United Kingdom, London
Phone Conference ID: 671 076 746#