PPN North West provides regular updates and information about events of relevance to our membership. We will also keep you updated and communicate through Twitter, our blog and our regular newsletter.
If you have an event you would like to be publicised through the network we will be very happy to hear from you, please contact us.
Please log in to view members only events.
This National event will bring together leading figures and organisations offering invaluable insights to improve quality and raise standards of care, support and safety, and how to decrease the experiences of discrimination and stigma towards people with mental health problems.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Seamus Watson - National Programme Manager for Wellbeing and Mental Health, Public Health England
- Dr Neil Deuchar - Director, Royal College Of Psychiatrists Commissioning Centre
- Sean Duggan - Chief Executive, Centre For Mental Health
- Lord Victor Adebowale - Chief Executive, Turning Point
- Sarah Brennan - Chief Executive, Young Minds
- Jenny Edwards CBE - Chief Executive, Mental Health Foundation
Subjects we will be discussing on the day include:
- Bringing about change: Improving the nation's mental health and wellbeing
- Working together to improve outcomes and reduce mental health problems
- Designing integrated services for people with co-occurring mental and physical health conditions
- In discussion – a service user's perspective
- Raising the bar: What needs to be done to improve mental health outcomes for children and young people?
- After the Francis report: Improving quality of care in mental health services
Download the full programme.
Mental illness forms the largest proportion of disease burden in the UK, with an estimated cost to society of £105 billion – this conference explores how services can address the burden of costs, demand and improve quality of care. Insights on how to improve quality and raise standards of care, support and safety, and how to decrease the experiences of discrimination and stigma towards people with mental health problems. Agenda closely follows the key principles outlined in the Mental Health Strategy Implementation Framework and explores how services can deliver improvements to care in practice and how wider strategies become reality at the local level.
For further information please contact Jonathan Smith, Marketing Executive.
Open Forum Events Limited, Quebec Offices, Bury Street, Manchester, M3 7DU
Tel: 0161 376 9007