- Band 4 NHS Careers Framework
- Higher Apprentice model with trainees spending their time on day release to undertake 2 year foundation degree training programme
- Core and specialist modules tailored to intended area of practice.
- Care Certificate built into the degree
- Supervised practice throughout training to completion of the Programme - assessed by a trained mentor,
- Standard entry route for an AP is employment at Band 2/3 in their first year of training, progressing to Band 3 in year two and, on successful completion at the end of year 2, progressing to Band 4 responsibilities.
Higher Apprenticeship Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Programme overview