You are invited to attend a FREE event hosted by the TUC for members of trade unions and professional bodies in health and social care:
Event: Greater Manchester: Devolution, Health and Social Care
Date: Wednesday 9 November
Time: 9.30am – 4pm
Venue: The Mechanics Institute, 103 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6DD
The aim of this event is to:
- Look at the impact of devolution plans on the NHS and social care workforce in Greater Manchester and the services you provide
- Develop ways to build the voice of the NHS and social care workforce into Greater Manchester’s plans
- Establish a network of members from a range of unions and professional bodies to help co-ordinate our response to health and social care changes in Greater Manchester
Some key speakers confirmed so far:
- Andy Burnham MP, Labour’s candidate for Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Peter Smith, Leader, Wigan Council and Health/Social Care lead for Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Yvonne Rogers, Strategic Workforce Lead, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
A programme for the day is attached for your information.
This event is open to any workers in the NHS or social care services in Greater Manchester who belong to a trade union or professional body, including those that are not affiliated to the TUC.