A 1-day workshop led by Ruth Carson and Uma Patel
Date: Monday 6th February 2017
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Venue: Dalton Ellis, Manchester
Who is it for?
CAT practitioners and psychotherapists. Trainee CAT practitioners are also welcome to attend.
The workshop aims:
- To develop skills and confidence to run CAT groups;
- To introduce an overview of the group formats;
- To focus on a 16 weeks group format that includes mini reformulations and also a group format that is a longer open CAT group based on the facilitators’ experience of running an open group for health psychology;
- Participants will be asked to consider the CAT tools they already use such as the use of reformulation and SDR; they will be asked to consider how they may adapt these to their own group format and ideas will be shared for endings and goodbye letters;
- The workshop will highlight the flexibility of adapting CAT in groups to the area in which you work and the client group;
- To practice facilitating groups – workshop participants will be invited to take part in role play and to use anonymised clinical material and/or experiences.
For more information and to book a place please visit Catalyse Events.