One day conferences to develop knowledge and skills in maternal mental health.
Dates: 13th March 2017 & 27th March 2017 from 8:30am - 4.00pm
The aim of this conferences is to enhance knowledge and understanding of maternal mental health for midwives, health visitors and obstetricians who work with childbearing women.
The intended learning outcomes are to enable delegates to:
- Update their knowledge and understanding of maternal mental health
- Enhance awareness of brain development and the importance of maternal infant bonding and attachment
- Review screening tools used by health professionals
- Develop awareness of experiencing mental health problems during childbearing
- Enhance confidence in asking questions about possible self-harm and suicide
- Enhance confidence in supporting women and families when maternal mental health problems occur
- Review safeguarding through analysis of serious case reviews.