We are looking for experienced MBCT supervisors to supervise MBCT in IAPT in house. We will provide free (HEE funded) training to allow you to do this in line with the national Good Practice Guidelines. There may also be opportunities to supervise trainees on the HEE funded MBCT in IAPT training programme from Sept-Dec 21 and Jan to March 22 as well.
In order to do this, you need to:
- Meet the IAPT manual requirements to deliver MBCT in IAPT
- Have taught 9 MBCT courses over 3 years, or close to that
- Be employed or contracted by IAPT services
- Fulfil the Good Practice Guidelines for MBCT Teachers https://bamba.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/GPG-for-Teaching-Mindfulness-Based-Courses-BAMBA.pdf
- Following the training, would be able to fulfil the Good Practice Guidelines for Supervisors (https://bamba.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/GPG-for-Supervisors-of-Mindfulness-Based-Teachers-BAMBA.pdf)
If you haven’t already done it, we’d ask you to do a 2 day IAPT-specific online supervision training and a 3 day online mindfulness supervision training, dates to be determined. These would be free to you. If you have done one of these trainings but not the other, you’d just need to do the one you haven’t already done.
If you are interested in doing this, would you please complete the survey (which can be accessed with the following link by 28 February 2021: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZP2QV65
The following information will be requested:
- your clinical qualification (and if this isn’t CBT therapist, then your experience of CBT)
- the number of MBCT groups you have run over what period
- whether you have done the 2-5 day IAPT supervision training – if so when and where
- whether you have done the 2-3 day mindfulness-specific supervision training – if so, when and where
- the number of supervisees you think you could take. To allow us to make a consistent estimation of demand-supply, please base this on the assumption you would offer about 4 hours of supervision per MBCT group and that each individual you supervise would run 2 MBCT groups per year.
Very many thanks. We hope to hear from you !
Dr Robert Marx
Lead for MBCT in IAPT training centres collaboration