Learn about a proof of concept pilot to support clinicians to utilise the “Embedding Public Health in Clinical Services Toolkit” funded by HEE and delivered collaboratively across the Midlands and North West to explore taking a multi professional approach to developing public health practice in clinical settings.
Purpose of the work was to: -
- Explore the value of the toolkit to support public health projects led by clinicians
- Explore “action learning set” model
- Build the evidence base for the toolkit through case studies from a range of health professionals / settings.
- Provide recommendations for increasing toolkit use and public health practice across professions and organisations.
Report recommendations include:
- Noted the significant interest in public health amongst clinical workforce
- Covid 19 did impact overall project participation as expected – particularly in terms of completed projects for some participants
- Action learning set approach is an effect model to provide support.
- Resource is currently in an E learning format – having in a digital document format would enhance use.
- Communications to promote the resource needed