Expressions of interest are invited from senior psychological professionals in NHS or HEI leadership roles in the North West of England to work as part of the PPN North West (PPN NW) team to lead the development of the Psychological Professions Network (PPN) in the North West.
Health Education England have supported the development of Psychological Professions Networks in all seven English NHS regions and a leadership fellow role is now available for a Co-Chair of the PPN North West.
The role will focus on working alongside the existing co-chair and the programme manager to the build on the ongoing work of the PPN NW to inform, enable and influence the contribution of Psychological Professions for workforce and educational development across health and care. They will work closely with HEE, partner organisations and stakeholders in the North West to support expansion of the psychological professions in response to the NHS Long Term Plan; support the development of leadership; promote inclusion & diversity across the workforce and build meaningful involvement of service users within the PPN.
The successful candidate will be a Psychological Professional employed within an NHS / NHS commissioned Service or Higher Education Institution (HEI) in a senior leadership role in the North West of England. They will:
- Have credibility with psychological professions and wider stakeholders regionally
- Be a strong voice for psychological services in the region
- Promote the PPN and ensure its engagement with members and with HEE
- Demonstrate strategic knowledge and influencing skills
- Ensure the effective functioning of the PPN North West and its accountability to the Workforce Council, HEE in the North West and PPN England Board
- Ensure the work of the PPN complies with the PPNE Governance Framework
- Regularly attend and contribute to the work of PPN North West and PPN England
- Work closely with HEE NW colleagues, NHS England and wider stakeholders to deliver the objectives of the PPN North West
Full Role Description >>> PPN NW Co-Chair Role Description
The role is a part-time tenure for the equivalent of half a day per week, with funding for salary backfill of up to Band 9. This appointment will initially be until March 31st 2022, with anticipated extension to 3 years from start date, subject to final agreement of ongoing funding beyond the end of March 2022.
Expressions of Interest are via a brief CV (3 pages maximum) and an outline (maximum 500 words) explaining what you will bring to the role, and how you will practically manage the commitment alongside others in your portfolio. Please send your Expression of Interest to Gita Bhutani.
Closing date – Friday 13th August 2021
Interviews – 26th August 2021
More Information about the Psychological Professions Network
The Psychological Professions Network (PPN) builds and leads a network of the 12 psychological professions and other roles associated with the delivery of psychological services. This allows a collective voice for these groups to inform, enable and influence workforce planning, development and education commissioning in the North West of England.
The PPN North West is part of PPN England, which comprises Regional PPNs that bring together psychological practitioners, managers, commissioners, professional practice educators, and experts by experience, to form a community of practice to promote and embed excellence in clinical practice, support innovation in workforce development and delivery of the NHS Long-Term Plan and Covid recovery requirements across the region.
The network facilitates greater professional engagement in workforce planning and education commissioning at regional, ICS and local levels across the North West of England.
The network performs three key functions:
- Championing the existing and potential roles of psychological professions across the whole of health care in the region
- Supporting provision of clinical excellence and innovation of psychological practice across the North West of England
- Actively engaging with, informing and supporting workforce development/training and expansion regionally within Health Education England and with NHS England & Integrated Care Systems throughout the region.
Find out more about the work of the PPN North West >>> https://www.nwppn.nhs.uk/index.php