Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Band: 5 (£24,907 - £30,615 per annum)
Working hours: 37.5hrs per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Six Degrees Social Enterprise; we are looking to recruit a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner to work as part of the National Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Programme (IAPT) here in Salford.
You will work provide high volume low intensity interventions whilst under supervision and provide a wide range of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) based guided self-management interventions to adults with common mental health issues.
You will support patients with their treatment and make sound judgements with regards to relevant interventions. You will build trusting relationships with patients and where necessary, with their key contacts to educate and involve them in the process.
You will actively participate in multi-disciplinary meetings, demonstrating your responsibility towards patient care and the importance of taking a broad view in terms of patient recovery.
Duties and skills Ideal candidates should demonstrate:
- Evidence of mental health qualifications, e.g., PG Certificate in Advanced Practices in Mental Health Primary Care Pathway (APMHPC/PWP training); soon to be qualified trainees are welcome to apply.
- Experience working with people experiencing mental health problems and how these may present.
- An understanding for the need to use evidence based psychological therapies and how it relates to this post.
- Ability to manage a busy caseload and deliver brief interventions.
- Commitment to delivering patient-centred high-quality care.
- Effective organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for the role this drives and delivers positive results.
- Ability to build good and trusting relationships.
- Utmost responsibility for patient care.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence towards contacts and own self.
Please see the job description for further essential and desirable criteria (available on NHS Jobs advert).
Working for your organisation
Six Degrees Social Enterprise is a Salford based Community Interest Company, established in 2011. Our social mission is to build resilient communities in which people with common mental health problems are accepted, supported, and equipped with skills to deal with the challenges they face. Six Degrees is a values-driven organisation. Please visit our website for more information http://six-degrees.org.uk/
- Internal complementary training, e.g., STORM (risk assessment and management), Bereavement, Collaborative Care, Autism and Motivational Interviewing
- Individual and group supervision, mentoring, coaching, regular line management, collective leadership, and other talent programmes
- Involvement in internal work-streams (Perinatal, Long Term Conditions, BAME etc)
- Generous pension scheme and leave, dependent on role and length of service
- Modern, open plan office space, onsite parking
- Health and Wellbeing Support - Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme Health Assure
For informal discussions, contact Amber Leigh on 0161 983 0900. Closing date: Friday 12th November Interview Date: TBC